Pakistani soldier repatriatedJuly 13th, 2012 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 13 (IANS) The Indian Army Friday handed over a Pakistani soldier to its compatriot across the border in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The soldier, Arif Ali had crossed over to the Indian side of the Line of Control on Thursday morning. He was arrested by the Indian Army. He was carrying no weapons but was found to be in possession of Rs.13,000 of Pakistani currency and two SIM cards.
Army sources said that after detailed questioning, it was discovered that the Pakistani soldier had inadvertently crossed over to the Indian side. There was no love angle or any hostile intention, the sources said.
“As a goodwill gesture, the army decided to repatriate the Pakistani soldier,” a source in the army told IANS
The soldier was handed over to Pakistani army at Chakan Da Bagh on the LoC, the sources said.
- Indian Army arrests Pakistani soldier in Jammu - Jul 12, 2012
- Pakistan Army returns two Indian teenagers (Lead) - May 29, 2011
- Pakistan Army returns two Indian teenagers - May 29, 2011
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir trade mired in problems - Dec 04, 2011
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid in Poonch - Sep 13, 2012
- Kashmir mulls re-opening of other pre-Partition routes - Mar 31, 2011
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- 11 people allowed to enter India across LoC - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: ali, army sources, bagh, chakan, compatriot, currency, goodwill gesture, indian army, intention, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, love, pakistani army, possession, sim cards, soldier, thursday morning, weapons