Pakistani intruder held in PunjabJuly 19th, 2011 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Ferozepur (Punjab), July 19 (IANS) A 25-year-old Pakistani national was arrested while he was trying to cross back into Pakistan from near this Punjab town, Border Security Force (BSF) officials said here Tuesday.
The intruder, identified as Mohammad Ishfaq, was arrested late Monday and is being questioned.
“He could be a spy or a drug smuggler. His interrogation is on and very soon we will divulge more details about him. He was in this Punjab town for the last few days and was trying to sneak back into Pakistan yesterday (Monday),” said a BSF official.
He said Ishfaq belongs to Sadhara village, under Ganda Singh Wala police station in Kasur district of Pakistan. A SIM card and a map were recovered from him, the official said.
The BSF, which guards the 553-km long fenced India-Pakistan international border in Punjab, has arrested several Pakistani intruders smuggling contraband and arms into India.
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Pakistan refuses to take back bodies of intruders - Feb 27, 2011
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.20 crore smuggled from Pakistan seized - Jan 28, 2011
- BSF guns down Pakistani intruder in Punjab - May 01, 2011
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- Pakistani smuggler killed along Punjab border - Mar 18, 2010
- BSF kills three smugglers on Indo-Pak border in Punjab - Mar 29, 2012
- Two Pakistani intruders gunned down in Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- Sukhbir Badal asks centre to check drug smuggling - Sep 03, 2012
- Fogged out at India-Pakistan border, but tea keeps spirits high - Dec 31, 2010
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Mar 19, 2010
- Two Pakistani smugglers killed on Punjab border - Mar 26, 2010
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: border security force, bsf official, drug smuggler, ferozepur, few days, ganda singh, india pakistan, international border, interrogation, intruder, map, mohammad, pakistan international, pakistani intruders, police station, sim card, spy, wala