Pakistani dies while defusing bombSeptember 30th, 2011 - 2:04 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 30 (IANS) A police official was killed when the bomb he was attempting to defuse blew up in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, police said.
The explosion took place in Chaman town Thursday.
The bomb had been planted in a NATO oil tanker parked outside a hotel, reported Dawn.
Manzoor Elahi, a bomb disposal squad official, reached the spot to defuse the bomb. But it went off even as he was working on it.
- 15 killed in Pakistan's Quetta city blast - Dec 31, 2011
- Taliban destroy over 50 NATO vehicles in Pakistan - Oct 07, 2010
- Train bombing attempt foiled in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2012
- 13 killed, 21 injured in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Six bombs recovered from Pakistan blast site - Dec 31, 2011
- NATO oil tankers attacked in Balochistan, driver injured - Dec 29, 2009
- NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Oct 10, 2011
- NATO oil tankers attacked in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011
- Gunmen attack NATO tankers in Pakistan - Oct 09, 2010
- Pakistan customs detains 152 NATO supply vehicles - Oct 06, 2010
- Bombing attempt foiled near Karachi hospital - Jun 25, 2011
- Three children among seven killed in Pakistan - May 13, 2010
- Terrorist, policeman killed in Pakistan gun-battle - Jan 28, 2012
- First NATO container crosses Pakistan-Afghan border - Jul 06, 2012
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011