Pakistani arrested after staying in India for 30 yearsSeptember 4th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 4 (IANS) A Pakistani national living illegally in India for over 30 years was arrested by the police in Uttar Pradesh Thursday.According to the police, Vakeel Ahmed was arrested from Bhadohi district, 250 km from here.
Ahmed came to India on a valid passport in 1977 to meet his relatives in Uttar Pradesh, said the police.
He was arrested in May 1977 after his visa expired, a press release from the director general of police office said. He was then released on bail and went missing.
“The intelligence department has been intimated for necessary interrogation,” the statement said.
- Pakistani who lived in India for 30 years arrested (Lead) - Sep 04, 2008
- Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaine - Mar 02, 2012
- South Korean couple held for illegally entering India - Apr 14, 2011
- Two Pakistani agents arrested in Delhi: Police - Dec 12, 2011
- (HOLD) Eight Taiwanese released by Himachal court - Jun 19, 2012
- SP legislator booked for manufacturing moonshine - Apr 26, 2010
- Pakistani spy held in Delhi with secret defence papers (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Man arrested with fake passport at Lucknow airport - Aug 10, 2010
- Three arrested for human trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Three escape in Uttar Pradesh jail break - Oct 28, 2011
- Two people held for running visa racket - Sep 24, 2010
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh carpet factory - Feb 19, 2011
- Children rescued from carpet unit - Jan 26, 2011
- Russian held for aiding German spy gets consular assistance - Jul 03, 2010
- Three kids killed as mother jumps into well with them - Feb 15, 2011