Pakistani actor Mikaal Zulfikar to move to MumbaiOctober 29th, 2008 - 9:19 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 29 (IANS) Pakistani actor Mikaal Zulfikar, who got noticed for playing a young terrorist in Jagmohan Mundhra’s “Shoot On Sight”, is all set to move to Mumbai by January 2009 - and one of the reasons is to look for love.Mikaal recently broke up with long-standing girlfriend Zara Sheikh, who’s known as the Kareena Kapoor of the Pakistani film industry.
“I’m coming to Mumbai to look for a girlfriend. I was in a relationship with Zara, a very big actress. We were known as the Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie of Pakistan. We had come to a point where we either needed to get married or part ways. When I got busy with my career, we split. Showbiz relationships are very tough,” Mikaal told IANS.
The actor, born to a Pakistani father and English mother, now looks forward to working in more Indian movies.
“Jag (Mundhra) is doing another film ‘Room Mates’ - a love triangle featuring me, Neha Dhupia and Sneha Ullal. It’s an erotic thriller with lots of sexy, raunchy scenes. I want to do full-on masala cinema. I’ve also signed a three-film deal with ‘Shoot On Sight’ producer Arun Govil,” Mikaal said.
Another reason for leaving Pakistan is that his film was banned in his country.
“I’m unhappy with the way ‘Shoot On Sight’ got banned. The reason given was that I was shown as a terrorist. I guess the condition in our country is such that they don’t want any trouble. But ‘Shoot On Sight’ states harsh facts.
“Initially I was hesitant about playing the terrorist. But when I went through the script about the way Muslims are seen in the world… There are so many suicide bombers who believe they are soldiers in a war. These are innocent kids who’re misled and brainwashed,” the actor added.
Mikaal is glad he did “Shoot On Sight”, which also stars veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah.
“Sadly my friends and family haven’t been able to see it. But I’ve seen it in England with my friends from Pakistan. Naseer-ji has made me his son. He has told me to stay with him in Mumbai. It’s important to have a godfather in Bollywood.
Mikaal’s family is all for his move to Bollywood.
“It’s the largest film industry in the world. So they’re all for it. My father is Pakistani and my mother is English. So I’m half-gora (white) half-Pakistani. I was born in London, but I am more Asian. My parents are separated. So I keep moving between Lahore and London. My sisters are in London. So I sort of identified with Naseer-ji’s family in ‘Shoot On Sight.”
- Filmmaker Jagmohan Mundhra dies of cardiac arrest - Sep 04, 2011
- Pakistani actor wants to buy home in Mumbai - Dec 06, 2008
- Naseer-Roopa in Usha Uthup's music video - Mar 27, 2012
- Naseeruddin Shah is an inspiration: Anurag Kashyap - Sep 03, 2011
- Mukul Dev mimicked Naseer's voice perfectly: Mundhra - Sep 18, 2008
- 'Badla' not a sequel to 'Kahaani' - Jun 10, 2012
- Naseer looking forward to 'Dedh Ishqiya' with Madhuri - May 26, 2012
- Pakistanis share India's pain over Mumbai attacks: Mikaal Zulfikar - Dec 16, 2008
- Naseer in Hriday Shetty's next, happy to work with Atul, Kay Kay - May 17, 2011
- I'm ready to direct: Omi Vaidya of '3 Idiots' fame - Dec 02, 2011
- I'm no marketing guru: Shah Rukh - Sep 26, 2011
- Sunny Leone house hunting (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- Lahore is Delhi 50 years ago: Mira Nair - Apr 16, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture' Naseeruddin's spiciest role since 'Tirchhi Topiwale' act: Vidya Balan - Dec 01, 2011
- Kangna to match steps with Madhuri in 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Jun 21, 2012