Pakistan wants China to help build damsApril 3rd, 2012 - 1:08 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 3 (IANS) Pakistan wants the Export-Import Bank of China to help in the construction of small and medium dams.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani Monday urged the EXIM Bank of China to focus on the construction of small and medium dams to help the country meet its agriculture needs, Associated Press of Pakistan reported from Boao in China.
Talking to the president of the Export-Import Bank of China Li Ruogu on the sidelines of the Boao Economic Forum, Gilani noted that the EXIM Bank was funding projects worth $3.8 billion in different sectors of Pakistan.
He said the EXIM Bank was playing a key role in the economic development of Pakistan.
The bank’s president said Chinese companies were keen to invest in Pakistan and said all measures would be taken to ensure timely completion of the project that were vital to Pakistan’s economic development.
Gilani said a delegation from the Economic Affairs Division will visit China April 9 to finalise the development projects.
- Pakistan-China trade can reach $15 bn: Gilani - Apr 01, 2012
- Anil Ambani seeks more US business in India - Apr 01, 2011
- Yuan needs to play bigger role in Central Asia: Chinese banker - Jun 14, 2011
- US loans for Indian firms making solar facilities in Rajasthan - Jul 19, 2012
- Pakistan to buy power from Iran: Gilani - Apr 01, 2012
- Pakistan moving towards MFN status for India: Gilani - Apr 03, 2012
- Sustainable development needed in Asia: Chinese official (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Pakistan working to improve India ties: Gilani - Apr 02, 2012
- India extends long-term credit to developing countries - Apr 06, 2011
- Anand Sharma launches product to promote project exports from India - Apr 06, 2011
- India's Exim Bank gets $150 mn to push India-Africa trade - Oct 08, 2010
- US Ex-Im Bank director joins India-US trade body - Jul 28, 2011
- India to fund development projects in Lanka (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- $917 mn finance for Madhya Pradesh power plant - Oct 22, 2010
- Pakistan sets up panel to deal with water issues with India - Sep 27, 2011
Tags: affairs division, bank of china, boao, chinese companies, dams, delegation, development projects, different sectors, economic affairs, economic development, economic forum, exim bank, export import bank, export import bank of china, gilani, key role, raza, sidelines, timely completion, yousuf