Pakistan violates ceasefire again, four guerrillas killedAugust 25th, 2008 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 25 (IANS) Four guerrillas were killed during an infiltration bid from across the Line of Control (LOC) in the north Kashmir Gulmarg sector Monday, police sources said. Two Indian Army troopers were injured in a separate incident of another violation of the bilateral ceasefire by Pakistan troops.The militants were killed when security forces intercepted a group of infiltrators and asked them to lay down their weaponsm, according to the police.
“The militants started firing at the security forces, triggering an encounter in which four guerrillas were killed,” a police officer told IANS here.
In Teetwal area of north Kashmir Tanghdar sector of the LoC, Pakistan Rangers troopers fired a mortar shell which exploded on this side, injuring two troopers of the Assam Rifles, according to sources.
This was yet another violation of the 2003 bilateral ceasefire between India and Pakistan.
The ceasefire was announced by the two countries in December 2003 and was holding till the beginning of this year when Pakistan troops started violating it.
Intelligence sources here maintain “the violations of the bilateral ceasefire by Pakistan troops are aimed at providing cover to the intruding guerrillas into the Indian side of the LOC”, which is the de facto border between the two countries in divided Kashmir.
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Dec 29, 2010
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Artillery exchanges between India and Pakistan on LoC - Sep 01, 2011
- 450 terrorists waiting to enter India, says army - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistani troops target Indian border posts - Jan 05, 2012
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, two Kashmiri civilians killed (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011