Pakistan told of Jindal confession: Mathai (Lead)July 5th, 2012 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) India has conveyed to Pakistan the outcome of the investigations into Abu Jindal’s involvement in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack and his confession and looks forward to Islamabad’s action on the information, Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai said here Thursday.
Addressing a press conference on day two of his talks with his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani, Mathai said Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram has spoken of the “scale of conspiracy and extent of control (of players in Pakistan)” in the 2008 terror attack that left 166 people dead and 238 injured.
“We did convey on the outcome of the probe and we look forward to them taking action on the information,” Mathai said.
The talks that began here Wednesday were held against the backdrop of the interrogation of 26/11 plotter Abu Jindal Hamza and his confession that the terror attack on Mumbai was controlled from Pakistan.
India Wednesday did not hand over a dossier on Abu Jindal to Pakistan at the foreign secretary level talks as it was felt that doing so at this stage will hinder the probe.
Jindal was arrested June 21 at the Delhi airport after he was deported from Saudi Arabia. He has confessed to being in the control room in Karachi directing the 10 terrorists who launched their carnage in Mumbai.
- India has told Pakistan of outcome of 26/11 probe: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
- Path ahead not easy for India-Pakistan talks: Mathai - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes hard for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan reverts to Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Pakistan rejects accusations on 26/11 (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jindal, no dossier shared (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan presses India to share Abu Jindal evidence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan to pitch Kashmir (Roundup) - Jul 03, 2012
- India, Pakistan hold talks, focus on Jindal disclosures (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India seeks to nail Pakistan on 26/11 with Hamza's confession (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- No dossier for Pakistan on Abu Jindal: Chidambaram - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: abbas, backdrop, carnage, confession, conspiracy, counterpart, delhi airport, hamza, home minister, interrogation, investigations, jilani, june 21, karachi, New Delhi, p chidambaram, pakistan india, ranjan, saudi arabia, terror attack