Pakistan told about role of non-state, state actors in 26/11: Chidambaram (Lead)July 5th, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 5 (IANS) Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram Thursday said the information gathered from alleged Mumbai terror attack mastermind Abu Jindal has been used to tell Pakistan about the role of non-state actors and “perhaps even state actors” in the attack.
He denied that his ministry was not aggressive in confronting Pakistan with the information obtained from Jindal, who was arrested at Delhi airport June 21 after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
“To the extent it is necessary, I have shared with you and the people of India the essential information that we have gathered from him. And we have used that to tell the Pakistan side the essential information clearly points to non-state actors and perhaps even state actors were behind 26/11,” Chidambaram said at a press conference here.
“What we have gathered is through his interrogation. Please remember Abu Jindal is under the court’s custody today. He has been charged in a case. The court has remanded him to police custody. The police are investigating and have to file a report before the court,” he said.
Chidambaram said that while the media had the freedom to report “what they think they know” about the interrogation, the government could not make public everything that had been gathered.
“And that is because that will go in the report to be filed before the court,” he said.
Zabiuddin Ansari alian Abu Jindal is an alleged Indian mastermind of the Nov 26-29, 2008 Mumbai terror attack that left 166 people dead, and an alleged member of the outlawed Indian Mujahideen.
- Pakistan told about role of non-state, state actors in 26/11: Chidambaram - Jul 05, 2012
- Mumbai police seeks Abu Jindal's custody - Jun 26, 2012
- Pakistan should admit Abu Jindal was 26/11 mastermind: India (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Maharashtra minister denies links with Abu Jindal - Jun 26, 2012
- Pakistan should admit Jindal's hand in 26/11: Chidambaram - Jun 29, 2012
- 'Jindal got regular information about Mumbai from Headley' - Jul 05, 2012
- 26/11 control room was in Pakistan: Chidambaram - Jul 04, 2012
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab - Jun 28, 2012
- Court no to Mumbai Police custody of Hamza - Jun 27, 2012
- Delhi cops to question Abu Jindal for 15 more days (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Confirmed that 26/11 controlled from Pakistan: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- India ups pressure on 26/11 disclosures, discusses Kashmir with Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: ansari, delhi airport, deportation, extent, freedom, India, information gathered from, information obtained from, interrogation, jindal, june 21, mastermind, mujahideen, p chidambaram, pakistan side, saudi arabia, state actors, terror attack, union home minister