Pakistan protests cross-border attackJune 25th, 2012 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 25 (IANS) Pakistan Monday protested to the Afghan government over a cross-border attack by militants on a checkpost that killed six Pakistani soldiers.
Pakistani Taliban militants, who operate from the border regions of Afghanistan, Sunday attacked a checkpost in Upper Dir district.
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
In retaliatory action, 15 militants were killed by security forces, Xinhua reported.
Islamabad blames Kabul for not checking the movement of militants into Pakistan.
- Pakistan protests Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Two Pakistani soldiers killed in cross-border attack - Aug 09, 2012
- 13 Pakistani soldiers killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Pakistan deploys army to stop cross-border attacks - Oct 19, 2011
- Pakistan deploys troops along Afghan border - Sep 13, 2011
- 40 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 28, 2012
- Afghanistan to probe NATO airstrike on Pakistan - Nov 28, 2011
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- NATO commander meets Pakistan army chief - Sep 10, 2011
- 24 killed in attack on Pakistan check-post (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- ISAF commander to visit Pakistan Thursday - Aug 02, 2012
- Pakistan lodges protest with Afghanistan over attacks - Aug 28, 2011
- Pakistan has permanently stopped NATO supply: Minister - Nov 28, 2011