Pakistan must cooperate over Mumbai attacks: RiceDecember 3rd, 2008 - 4:06 am ICT by IANS
Brussels, Dec 3 (DPA) Pakistan must cooperate with India in its efforts to bring the terrorists who attacked Mumbai last week to justice, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Tuesday.”Everyone should cooperate fully, and Pakistan in particular needs to cooperate fully and transparently,” Rice said after a meeting with NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
“I am pleased to see the statements of the Pakistani government that they intend to do so,” she said.
Rice was due to leave Brussels immediately after the NATO meeting in order to fly to Delhi for talks with top Indian officials on the terror attack.
“I’m going to express solidarity with the Indian people … I want to consult with the Indian government further on what we can do to help,” she said.
But she refused to comment on reports that the US government had warned the Indian administration of the risk of an attack.
“We try to pass information on to countries all around the world if we pick up information, but having been on the receiving end … they’re often difficult to act on, sometimes not very concrete,” she said.
- Airstrikes on Pakistani troops unintended: NATO chief - Nov 27, 2011
- NATO denies offering missile cooperation to India - Sep 30, 2011
- Pakistan's cooperation vital in Afghanistan: NATO chief - Dec 07, 2011
- Pakistan to reopen supply routes to Afghanistan: Clinton (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Pakistan has special responsibility to bring 26/11 perpetrators to justice urgently: US - Apr 13, 2011
- NATO asks Pakistan to open transit routes - Apr 20, 2012
- US asks Pakistan for 'most committed' help in Mumbai terror probe - Dec 01, 2008
- NATO urges Pak to reopen blocked Afghan supply route "as soon as possible" - Oct 05, 2010
- Pakistan needs to act with urgency and resolve: Rice - Dec 03, 2008
- It's not business as usual with Pakistan: NATO - Jul 03, 2012
- Pakistan has 'special responsibility' to bring 26/11 plotters to justice: US - Apr 13, 2011
- US seeks to mend ties with Pakistan - Jun 23, 2012
- India, US ask Pakistan to act against terror (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Mumbai terror: US calls Pakistan's bluff, India says will act decisively (Intro Roundup) - Dec 04, 2008
- NATO calls on Pakistan to open border for supplies - Oct 05, 2010