Pakistan must act decisively against terrorists: Omar AbdullahMarch 4th, 2009 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, March 4 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said here Wednesday that the time had come when Pakistan needed to act decisively against the perpetrators of terror.
“The elements used by Pakistan in Afghanistan and other countries in the past are now spreading terror there,” Abdullah told reporters here.
“It is high time Pakistan acted decisively to dismantle the infrastructure of terror on its land.”
The chief minister said had Indian cricket players been attacked instead of the Sri Lankans, “you would today be seeing dark clouds of war over the two countries”.
Team India was to visit Pakistan but the tour was cancelled after the Mumbai terror strikes November last. Sri Lanka then accepted the Pakistan invitation to play a two Test match series there.
- Omar takes a dig at Pakistan - Jul 26, 2011
- Kashmiris feels Lahore attack jeopardises their hope for peace - Mar 04, 2009
- Farooq backs 'boss' Omar on AFSPA - Nov 17, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Omar lauds Rahul reaction to shoe throwing - Jan 23, 2012
- Karunanidhi takes on Delhi over Sri Lanka - Aug 28, 2012
- No shifts in J.K chief ministerships: Farooq Abdullah - Feb 20, 2011
- BJP asks Omar to participate in Lal Chowk flag-hoisting - Jan 22, 2011
- Make preparations for more tourists in 2012: Omar Abdullah - Jan 23, 2012
- Chidambaram to pay obeisance at Vaishno Devi - Apr 06, 2012
- Iran keen to expand trade ties with Sri Lanka - Dec 17, 2011
- Resolve differences through dialogue: Dalai Lama - Jul 14, 2012
- Panels to speed up recommendations on AFSPA - Nov 09, 2011
- Need to consult with centre on NCTC: Omar - Feb 21, 2012
- Everyone wants peaceful Kashmir: Pakistani leader - Sep 21, 2011