Pakistan mosque attack toll reaches 56August 21st, 2011 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 21 (IANS) The toll in a suicide bombing at a mosque in Pakistan two days ago has risen to 56, a media report said Sunday.
The blast, carried out by a teenaged boy and claimed by the Taliban, took place during Friday prayers in Jamrud town of Khyber Agency.
A spokesman of the militant organisation Saturday informed a reporter about the group’s hand in the attack, the the Daily Times reported.
The blast targeted the Koki Khel tribe as they had earlier contrived against the group, he alleged.
“A lashker of Koki Khel tribe has killed our fighters in Tirrah Valley and has demolished the houses of our members,” the report quoted the spokesman as saying.
The bomber detonated the explosives after entering the mosque through a window. At least 116 people were injured.
- Over 50 die as suicide bomber explodes in mosque (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- 30 killed, over 50 hurt in Pakistan explosion (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Six die in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- 20 killed, 40 injured in Pakistan blast - Jan 10, 2012
- Over 90 killed in Pakistan terror bombings, plane crash - Nov 05, 2010
- UN chief condemns Pakistan mosque suicide attack - Aug 20, 2011
- Six government militiamen killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 25 killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- Pakistan determined to defeat terrorism: Zardari - Aug 20, 2011
- Taliban sends 'veiled' female bombers to wreak havoc in Punjab - Feb 09, 2010
- Lashkar commander among 30 killed in Tirah Valley suicide bombing - Feb 19, 2010
- Two militant groups infighting led to suicide bombing at Darra Adamkhel mosque - Nov 06, 2010
- At least 50 killed, 100 wounded after explosion in Pakistani mosque - Nov 05, 2010