Pakistan is partner country at India International Trade FairNovember 9th, 2008 - 11:23 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) Pakistan is the partner country at this year’s India International Trade Fair to be held at the sprawling Pragati Maidan exhibition grounds Nov 14 to 27.Infrastructure development in India and women’s empowerment are the two focal themes of this year’s fair, now in its 28th edition, with Orissa as the partner state and Karnataka as the focus state.
Delegations from 35 countries from Japan to the US are participating in the fair that will also focus on the 10-member Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN), said the organisers, the commerce ministry’s India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO).
Some of the attractions this year include exhibits with themes like technology mart, realty and good living, to showcase a wide range of products and services covering automobiles, electronics, pharmaceutical, jute, rubber, handicraft, jewellery and consumer goods.
Merchandise like processed foods, cosmetics, healthcare and consumer electronics, among others, will also have dedicated halls, the organisers said.
“The fair serves to showcase India’s industrial progress and project the country as a worthy global trade destination and a high potential market of one billion-plus consumers,” the organisers said.
At last year’s fair, more than 7,500 companies from 34 countries besides India participated, covering an area of 149 acres - 18 halls covering 64,000 sq mts and open-air exhibition space of 10,000 sq mts, besides the 34,000 sq mts of permanent state pavilions.
“The fair was opened for business visitors for the first two days and for general visitors thereafter. This magnum opus fair was visited by three million visitors during 14-day period,” ITPO said.
“India International Trade Fair-2008 is expected to break all past records.”
The organisers have also made provision for sale of discounted tickets at Metro stations, Mother Dairy and Safal outlets, and designated branches of Central Bank, Canara Bank, Allahabad Bank, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, Federal Bank, as well as at select Bharat Petroleum pumps.
- India International Trade Fair inaugurated - Nov 14, 2008
- International trade fair begins Monday - Nov 13, 2011
- Leather sector to play a major role in Indian economy - Feb 01, 2011
- Food, handicrafts galore at trade fair - Nov 12, 2011
- Delhi Book Fair to begin Sep 1 - Aug 30, 2012
- Delhi Book Fair to see fewer foreign publishers - Dec 24, 2010
- $8.25 billion exports by 2014 achievable: leather exporters - Jan 30, 2011
- India, Pakistan trade bodies sign deal - Sep 28, 2011
- Delhi Book Fair opens - Dec 25, 2010
- Delhi Book Fair begins: e-books the flavour this time (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Indian leather exports to retain over 10 percent growth - Feb 16, 2012
- Delhi's Trade Fair opens doors for marketing for small-scale industries - Nov 17, 2010
- India International Trade Fair 2010 begins in New Delhi - Nov 14, 2010
- India International Trade Fair kicks off Saturday - Nov 12, 2009
- Pakistani designers take back bagfuls of business - and memories - Apr 16, 2012