Pakistan has offered joint probe of Mumbai attacks: Nawaz SharifNovember 29th, 2008 - 3:56 pm ICT by IANS
Raiwind (Pakistan), Nov 29 (IANS) Former Pakistani prime minister and head of Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N) Nawaz Sharif has said that Pakistan has offered India joint investigation of the Mumbai attacks, Online news agency reported Saturday. Talking to media here after offering Friday prayers, Sharif cautioned India to take care while blaming Pakistan for the attacks.
Terrorists who, Indian officials say, came from Pakistan by the sea entered Mumbai Wednesday night and struck at 10 centres, eventually taking control of the Taj hotel, Oberoi-Trident hotel and a Jewish centre. The mayhem claimed 152 lives and left over 300 injured before Indian commandos killed all the terrorists.
Sharif said that India should avoid reaching any premature conclusions and wait for investigations. He also said that both countries should help each other in these times of conflict and crisis.
Sharif added that it was a matter of great relief that both countries had solid political platforms that desired peace.
- India, Pakistan agree to improve bilateral trade - Apr 29, 2011
- 2,200 police officers deployed for India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semifinal - Mar 28, 2011
- Kasab: He first took to crime, then to jehad - Aug 29, 2012
- Indian court upholds death sentence for Pakistani terrorist involved in 2008 Mumbai bombing - Feb 22, 2011
- Why name Saeed, Lakhvi in 26/11 verdict, asks Jamaat-ud-Dawa - May 04, 2010
- All set for 26/11 trial verdict - May 03, 2010
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- Terrorists can't be allowed to threaten India: Sarkozy - Dec 07, 2010
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- India supporting separatists, insurgent groups in Balochistan: Musharraf - Dec 27, 2010
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Kasab held guilty for 26/11, two Indians freed (Third Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Terror originating from Pakistan unacceptable to world: Sarkozy (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Kasab weak, weary ahead of 26/11 verdict - Feb 20, 2011
- 26/11: India still awaits Pakistan's decisive action (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2011