Pakistan coach Lawson rubbishes reports of quitingSeptember 10th, 2008 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Sep 10 (IANS) Australian Geoff Lawson has rubbished media reports that he has quit as Pakistan coach.There have been reports that Lawson was expected to face the axe along with several other people occupying key positions in the cricket establishment once a new Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman is appointed later this month.
But Lawson, a former fast bowler, said that he has not quit his post, and could return to the subcontinent by the end of the week if his employers organise a series to fill the void created by the postponement of the Champions Trophy.
“If a series is announced in the next couple of days, I will be back on the plane before the end of the week,” Lawson was quoted as saying by the Sydney Morning Herald here Tuesday.
Lawson also said that he instead took advantage of a break in Pakistan’s schedule to return home and visit family members.
- Lawson insists he will return to coach Pak team - Sep 10, 2008
- Oz tour to India can provide healing touch to match fixing controversy: Lawson - Sep 09, 2010
- Lawson criticises CA's selection policy - Nov 28, 2011
- 'My team won't be influenced by Indian bookmakers,' says Ponting - Sep 19, 2010
- Pakistan completely out bowled Australia in Headingley Test: Lawson - Jul 24, 2010
- Lawson willing to return but wants apology from PCB chief Butt - Feb 12, 2010
- CA chief defends axed Ponting - Feb 26, 2012
- Lawson for complete overhaul of Cricket Australia following top-down disintegration - Feb 10, 2011
- Whatmore to coach Pakistan's cricket team - Mar 03, 2012
- Lawson doesn't regret being character witness for cricket cheat Butt - Feb 12, 2011
- "Yousuf should concentrate only on Test cricket": Moin Khan - Nov 27, 2010
- Pak likely to continue with Intikhab as cricket coach on NZ tour - Dec 02, 2010
- Miandad can replace Intikhab as Pakistan coach - Nov 14, 2009
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- PCB to send World Cup probables list to ICC anti-corruption unit for clearance - Nov 15, 2010