Pakistan army kill six militantsNovember 11th, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 11 (Xinhua) Pakistan’s security forces Tuesday killed six militants in Bajaur district along the Afghan border in their continuing drive against Islamist terrorists in the northwest tribal region.The troops pounded militant hideouts with heavy artillery in Khar area of the district, and six militants were killed during the operation, said Geo TV, quoting official sources.
The Pakistan army has claimed that it has killed more than 1,500 militants since it launched an operation in the region in early August.
Nearly 300,000 people have been displaced in the wake of the fighting in Bajaur and many of them are now living in refugee camps in the country’s North West Frontier Province.
The military operation against the militants is supported by Lashkars, or tribal militias.
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Female teacher killed by militants in Pakistan's Bajaur - Sep 02, 2010
- 38 people killed, over 62 injured in Bajaur Agency suicide attack - Dec 25, 2010
- 21 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2010
- 33 militants killed in northwest Pakistan - Apr 29, 2011
- 32 killed in clashes in north-west Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 20, 2010
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan - Jul 09, 2011
- Troops kill 30 militants in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2010
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Pakistan deploys army to stop cross-border attacks - Oct 19, 2011
- Obama condemns 'outrageous' suicide attack in northwestern Pak - Dec 26, 2010
- 12 militants killed in Pakistan - Jan 28, 2012
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Sep 30, 2011
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011