Pakistan army arrests 168 foreign militantsOctober 18th, 2008 - 3:26 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 18 (Xinhua) Pakistan’s security forces have arrested some 168 foreign militants from the tribal belt in the northwest over the past two days, a military statement said Saturday. The militants have been arrested from Darra Adamkhel of North West Frontier Province (NWFP) and other tribal regions, said a military statement.
The security forces arrested 38 foreign militants at various checkposts in Peshawar and Darra Adamkhel as they were trying to drive past.
Besides, 30 more Uzbek and Afghan nationals were arrested from various parts of the NWFP.
The foreign militants, infiltrating through the porous Pakistan-Afghanistan border, have been active in Pakistan’s tribal region.
The Pakistani army has intensified its operation against militants in Bajaur tribal agency and NWFP’s Swat valley.
- NATO commander meets Pakistan army chief - Sep 10, 2011
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Pakistan military prepares to launch offensive in Orakzai Agency - Jan 13, 2010
- GenNext of Taliban joins insurgency - Feb 08, 2011
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- Pak Army kills 16 Taliban militants in Orakzai Agency - Jul 23, 2010
- Five militants among six killed in Pakistan - Nov 26, 2010
- 44 Taliban insurgents killed as Pak forces continue offensive in Upper Orakzai - Jun 07, 2010
- Pak Army kills 15 Taliban militants in Orakzai Agency - Aug 01, 2010
- Pakistan deploys army to stop cross-border attacks - Oct 19, 2011
- 17 Taliban militants found dead in north-west Pakistan - Feb 28, 2010
- Six kids hurt in Pakistan blast - Jul 25, 2012
- US national arrested in Pakistan - Feb 26, 2011