Pakistan allows 14 new parties to contest pollsJune 16th, 2011 - 1:13 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 16 (IANS) The Pakistan election commission has allowed 14 new political parties to contest the next general elections.
The election commission, however, did not discuss the application filed by former president Pervez Musharraf for registration of his party, the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), Dawn News reported.
The 14 parties registered Wednesday are: Pakistan Ittehad Yaqeen Tanzeem Party, Justice and Development Party Pakistan, Young Blood Christian League, Pakistan Muslim League-H (Haqiqi), Pakistan Dharti Maan Party, Awami Justice Party, Pakistan Patriotic Movement, Sindh Taraqi Passand Party, Allah-o-Akbar Tahreek, People’s Democratic League, Awami Jamhuri Ittehad Pakistan, Tahreek Bahali-i-Suba Bahawalpur Pakistan, Pakistan Basic Rights Movement and Tahreek-i-Suba Hazara.
According to reports, general elections in Pakistan are scheduled in 2013.
- Pakistan gets 14 parties, not Musharraf's (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Poll panel ignores Musharraf's application for party - Jun 16, 2011
- Musharraf blames Nawaz Sharif for bloodbath in Karachi - Jan 17, 2011
- Nobody can stop Musharraf's return to Pakistan: APML - Apr 19, 2011
- What's in a name? Ask Musharraf and Pir Pagara! - Sep 21, 2010
- Musharraf's party's 'people-friendly' manifesto to bring positive change in Pak: Tahir - Apr 30, 2011
- Musharraf says his party is prepared for early Pak polls - Jan 04, 2011
- Musharraf fails to get expected response after APML formation - Oct 02, 2010
- Musharraf will not be invited to join PML alliance: PML Secretary General - Oct 04, 2010
- Leadership change essential for Pakistan's survival: Musharraf - Apr 18, 2011
- Musharraf vows to return to Pak before next polls - Jan 11, 2011
- APML issues charge sheet against Nawaz over corruption, misappropriation of power - Nov 12, 2010
- Musharraf selects seat in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to contest poll - Nov 22, 2010
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- League faction blamed for volatility in Pakistan's Hazara (Lead) - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: allah o akbar, apml, awami, dawn news, democratic league, dharti, former president, general elections, ittehad, jamhuri, justice party, maan, pakistan election commission, pakistan muslim league, patriotic movement, pervez musharraf, political parties, president pervez musharraf, tanzeem, young blood