Pakistan air force put on alertDecember 10th, 2008 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 10 (Xinhua) The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has been put on alert for “aggression”, local media reported Wednesday.The PAF remained focused on the Indian situation and Pakistan was ready for the security and safety of its airspace, Geo TV quoted the PAF spokesman Humayun Waqar Zephyr as saying.
Tensions between Pakistan and India were rising as the India accused Pakistan-based militant groups of involvement in the terrorist attack on India’s financial centre, which killed more that 170 people and injured over 200.
Indian media reported Wednesday that the Indian air force had been put on high alert.
Also Wednesday, a Pakistan Navy spokesman said the navy was put on alert to closely watch Indian Navy’s movements at sea.
“If there is any provocation in India, you will have to use diplomacy. We have used friends to defuse tension. We have also used our foreign ministry,” Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani told reporters in eastern city of Multan Wednesday.
“Pakistan is a responsible state. Being a nuclear power, we are cautious in reaction,” Gilani said.
The Pakistani prime minister said that Pakistan would carry out joint investigation of the Mumbai attacks.
Gilani confirmed that Pakistan has arrested two commanders of the banned outfits, blamed by India for Mumbai attacks last month - Zaki-ur-Rhman Lakhvi, chief operational commander of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba, and Maulana Masood Azhar, leader of the Jaish-e-Muhammad.
- Home ministry gives nod to charges against Headley (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Enough 26/11 evidence shared with Pakistan: India - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistan to defend ISI officials in Mumbai attacks lawsuit filed in US court - Dec 31, 2010
- Court accepts 26/11 charges against Headley, 8 Pakistanis (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Mumbai attack: Indian envoy meets Pakistani minister - Dec 27, 2011
- US envoy asks Pak to act tough on 26/11 plotters - May 04, 2011
- 26/11: NIA files charges against Headley, eight others (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Headley helped Lashkar prepare for 26/11 attacks, reported to ISI about its activities - Oct 19, 2010
- Ahead of Mohali, India and Pakistan agree to promote peace (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2011
- India welcomes Pakistan judicial commission's visit - Nov 05, 2011
- Expect no grand gestures at India-Pak Home Ministers meeting - Jun 25, 2010
- Pakistani commission to visit India in 26/11 case (lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- 26/11 attack: Pakistani judicial panel to visit India - Jan 20, 2012
- Mumbai attack suspects being questioned, says Pakistan PM - Dec 10, 2008
- NIA charges against Headley, Pakistani terrorists soon - Dec 05, 2011