Paes, Bhupathi in third round of US Open doublesAugust 30th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Aug 30 (IANS) India’s Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the third round of the US Open doubles with their respective partners.While seventh seeded Paes and his Czech partner Lukas Dlouhy scraped through Eduardo Schwank óf Argentina and Italy’s Potito Starace 6-4, 1-6, 6-3 in 72 minutes, Bhupathi and Mark Knowles of Bahamas knocked out Swiss Yves Allegro and Horia Tecau of Romania 6-3, 6-3 in 66 minutes here Friday.
Paes-Dlouhy next meet South African Rik de Voest and Australian Ashley Fisher who overcame No. 12 seeds and Roland Garros winners Pablo Cuevas and Luis Horna 7-6 (3), 6-2.
Bhupathi-Knowles, for a third round clash, face Argentines Maximo Gonzalez and Juan Monaco who beat Americans Amer Delic and Alex Kuznetsov 1-6, 6-4, 6-3.
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati final - Aug 19, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi and Bopanna-Qureshi in quarterfinals - Aug 19, 2011
- Bhupathi, Bopanna reach Wimbledon doubles third round - Jun 26, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna reach quarters of Dubai Open - Mar 01, 2012
- Paes-Bhupathi lose first round encounter in London - Nov 21, 2011
- Indians move up in Wimbledon doubles - Jun 24, 2010
- Paes-Bhupathi in semifinals of AEGON Championships - Jun 11, 2011
- Paes-Stepanek storm into final of Australian Open - Jan 26, 2012
- Sania-Bhupathi crash out of Australian Open - Jan 27, 2012
- Paes-Dlouhy in Australian Open third round - Jan 23, 2010
- Bopanna-Bhupathi, Paes-Stepanek out of Madrid Open - May 13, 2012
- Fact File: Leander Paes's men's doubles titles at majors - Jan 28, 2012
- French Open: Paes on course for his 12th Grand Slam - Jun 03, 2010
- French Open: Paes-Dlouhy advance, Bhupathi-Mirnyi out - May 29, 2010
- Wimbledon: Bhupathi-Mirnyi ousted, Paes-Black advance - Jun 29, 2010