Oxford to take Indian school toppersMarch 24th, 2012 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kharagpur (West Bengal), March 24 (IANS) Oxford University has decided to allow the toppers of ISC and CBSE exams entry to its undergraduate courses from 2013, an university official said.
The vice chancellor professor of Oxford, Andrew Hamilton, Friday expressed his happiness over the decision.
“We want to draw the best students from India to Oxford. It has been decided that we will accept Class 12 examination results for all undergraduate courses at Oxford,” Hamilton told reporters.
Earlier, Indian students needed to appear for their A-levels, SATs or the International Baccalaureate as the criteria for getting admitted in the undergraduate courses at Oxford.
Under the new rule, the university will now make conditional offers of entrance to those students who get more than 90 percent in CBSE and ISC exams.
An Indian aspirant who opts for the science course in Oxford may also need to take the Indian IIT entrance examination.
- Oxford University to allow direct entries to ISC and CBSE toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test - Jun 22, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Second Lead, correcting spelling) - Jun 28, 2012
- IIT-JEE results out, Faridabad boy tops - May 18, 2012
- More IITs may go against common entrance test - Jun 09, 2012
- IIT-Delhi alumni reject new entrance test formula - Jun 28, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- Exempt Tamil Nadu from common dental entrance exam: Jayalalithaa - Sep 07, 2012
- What ails the IITs (Comment) - Oct 25, 2011
- Sibal rules out rollback of common IIT test - Jun 12, 2012
Tags: andrew hamilton, aspirant, cbse, chancellor professor, entrance examination, examination results, happiness, India, indian students, international baccalaureate, isc, kharagpur, oxford university, sats, science course, toppers, undergraduate courses, vice chancellor, west bengal