Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in DelhiMarch 11th, 2012 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 11 (IANS) Rash driving claimed yet another life in the capital when a 40-year-old unidentified driver was killed and his two passengers injured after an auto-rickshaw in which they were travelling was rammed by an overspeeding truck in the capital early Sunday, police said.
The incident took place around 2.25 a.m. under New Delhi’s ITO flyover.
The auto-rickshaw driver, who hailed from Muzaffarpur in Bihar, died on the spot while the two passengers were rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors discharged them after preliminary treatment, said a police official.
The victims were coming from east Delhi’s Laxmi Nagar through Vikash Marg and heading towards Shadipur when the truck coming from Sarai Kale Khan area hit their auto-rickshaw from left side.
The errant truck driver, identified as Anil Yadav, resident of west Delhi’s Sultanpuri has been arrested.
A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against him.
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Truck mows down two women in Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi accident - Dec 22, 2011
- More rain in Delhi spells chaos on city roads (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- Dial-an-auto soon in Maharashtra - Apr 03, 2012
- Over 10,000 auto-rickshaws to go off Delhi roads Monday - Nov 14, 2010
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Indefinite auto strike in Delhi from Wednesday - May 17, 2011
- Court dismisses petitions against GPS systems for Delhi autos - Sep 17, 2012
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Harrowing time for Delhi as shutdown hits traffic (Lead) - May 31, 2012