Over nine million phone connections added in JulyAugust 25th, 2008 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) More than nine million phone connections were added last month, taking the number of phone users in the country to some 333.84 million, the telecom watchdog said Monday.According to a release issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai), the overall tele-density in the country was 29.08 percent at the end of July, as against 28.33 percent a month before.
It said the total wireless subscriber base including GSM, CDMA and cordless users stood at 296.08 million at the end of July.
Altogether 9.22 million wireless subscribers were added during the month, as against 8.94 million subscribers added in June 2008, the watchdog added.
“In the wireline segment, the subscriber base has slightly decreased to 38.76 million in July 2008 as against 38.92 million subscribers in June 2008,” the release stated.
The total broadband subscriber base was 4.57 million by July-end, as compared to 4.38 million at the end of the previous month.
- India's telecom subscriber base crosses 479 mn - Aug 20, 2009
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 865.7 mn - Oct 20, 2011
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base reaches 893.84 mn - Jan 30, 2012
- Uninor leads India to 903.73 mn mobile subscribers - Mar 06, 2012
- Mobile subscriber base crosses 652.42 million mark - Sep 08, 2010
- India's mobile subscriber base crosses 840 mn - Jul 07, 2011
- India adds 20.3 million telephone subscribers in March - Apr 26, 2010
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- India's mobile connections at 687.71 million (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Mobile connections touched 687.71 million in September - Dec 02, 2010
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 811.59 million - Apr 29, 2011
- India now has 811.59 mn mobile phone subscribers (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- India's mobile subscriber base touches 791.38 million - Apr 07, 2011