Over a million to appear in engineering entrance testApril 25th, 2009 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) Over one million students will be appearing in the All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) Sunday seeking admission into engineering, architecture and other allied courses in government-aided institutes across India.
The three-hour examination will be conducted at 1,460 centres across the country. Last year, around 820,000 students appeared in the exam.
The AIEEE scores determine admissions to various national-level institutes including the National Institutes of Technology, Indian Institutes of Information Technology, deemed universities and other government-funded institutions.
Like last year’s exam, experts are expecting a change in the pattern of questions again.
Aashish Choudhury of the Aakash Institutes, a chain of private coaching centres, said: “Students were surprised last year when the pattern of questions changed. Instead of 120 questions, there were 35 in each of the physics, chemistry and mathematics section. The number of reasoning and comprehension questions was also more. This year too a change in the pattern is expected.”
Shiva Kumar, head of research and development academics, Career Launcher, said he expected the number of questions to fall further.
“The number of questions may come down further - in the 90-105 range. Fewer questions imply that at least half the questions in the three sections will be fairly easy to attempt. So the students should attempt as many of those (as they can) and not get stuck at the remaining ones,” Kumar advised.
Many students feel that a pattern change is easy to deal with if you are alert and fast.
Ritia Jain, who wants to get into an architecture course, said she was well prepared. “I have done many practice papers. My strategy is to first tackle the easy questions and then get cracking at the tougher ones.”
- 10 lakh students appear in all-India engineering entrance test - Apr 30, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Online entrance test planned for budding engineers - Nov 22, 2010
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Engineering entrance to be held on April 25 - Sep 29, 2009
- IIM aspirants, here's cracking new CAT format - Oct 18, 2011
- Delhi High Court urged to let all reappear at AIEEE - May 05, 2011
- Dissent grows over new pattern of IIT-JEE - May 30, 2012
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- All India engineering exam results declared - May 29, 2010
- AIEEE exam delayed after paper leak - May 01, 2011