Over 7,000 profiled in Shobhit murder case: PoliceJuly 2nd, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) About 7,500 people have been profiled in the Shobhit Modi murder case since investigations began, Delhi Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta said Saturday.
Speaking at the Delhi Police’s ‘Half-Yearly’ press briefing, Gupta said all aspects are being investigated and the case would be solved soon.
“About 7,500 people have been profiled so far. Right from auto drivers to the employees of the mall, which Shobhit visited, to his friends. We cannot rule out anything yet,” Gupta told reporters here.
“However, his murder was not pre-meditated as the medical report suggests. It was a half hearted attempt by the killer,” he added.
On the allegation made by Shobhit’s father that the father of his son’s girlfriend had a role to play in the murder, Gupta said there was no evidence to support this argument.
“We have found no evidence in support of this allegation,” said Gupta.
The police chief asserted that all efforts were being made to crack the case as soon as possible and that the officers involved in the investigation are giving their best to the case.
Twenty-year-old Shobhit, an engineering student, was stabbed to death near his residence at Vasant Kunj May 5.
Holding a candlelight vigil, his family members and friends demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation probe claiming that police had failed to make any headway in the case.
- Crime, road accident rate down in Delhi: Police chief (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2011
- Shobhit murder: Order reserved on plea for CBI probe (Lead) - Nov 01, 2011
- Shobhit murder: Court notice to home ministry, cops (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Delhi student's murder: Kin hold candlelight vigil - Jun 25, 2011
- Murdered Delhi student's family seeks CBI probe - Jul 18, 2011
- Friends quizzed over Delhi student's murder (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Rs.50,000 reward for clues in Shobhit murder case - May 24, 2011
- Shobhit murder: Victim's father blames his lover's kin - Oct 20, 2011
- Shobhit murder case: Reward money doubled - Sep 02, 2011
- Police detain murdered Vasant Kunj youth's friend - May 28, 2011
- Shobhit murder: Court notice to home ministry, cops - Jul 20, 2011
- Delhi student's murder: Crime branch roped in - May 09, 2011
- Delhi student's murder: Cops probe friends - May 16, 2011
- No headway in Delhi teacher murder case (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Delhi student's murder: Father slams police probe (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: allegation, auto drivers, candlelight vigil, central bureau of investigation, delhi police, engineering student, family members, girlfriend, headway, hearted attempt, investigations, k gupta, medical report, murder case, New Delhi, police chief, police commissioner, vasant kunj