Over 400 held, fake notes seized in ChinaJuly 22nd, 2012 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 22 (IANS) A total of 463 suspects have been arrested and fake currency notes with face value of 118 million yuan (around $18 million) seized in a countrywide crackdown in China, Xinhua reported Sunday.
In one case, police in south China’s Guangdong province confiscated fake notes of face value 80 million yuan as well as note-manufacturing equipment, according to the ministry of public security.
Detailed data from other places were not released.
Figures from the ministry show that a total of 2,821 suspects have been arrested for such crimes since 2010. Four people have been given death penalty for manufacturing fake notes.
- Fake currency worth over $18 mn seized in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Gambling racket busted in China, 800 held - Mar 31, 2012
- 1,900 held in China fake drug racket - Aug 05, 2012
- 207 million yuan in fake currency seized in China - Jun 11, 2010
- 96 Chinese held in fake medicine racket - Nov 30, 2011
- China busts multi-million-dollar fake drugs racket - Nov 29, 2011
- 46 mn pirated, porn publications seized in China - Dec 28, 2011
- Napkin counterfeit ring smashed - Aug 22, 2012
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Fake items worth over $300 mn seized in China - Nov 17, 2011
- Swindlers use phone tricks to con Chinese people - Jun 18, 2011
- Chinese police crack down on fake training centres - Apr 19, 2012
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012
- China cracks down on bogus cigarette dens, 78 held - Nov 14, 2011