Over 319,500 cases settled in Haryana, Punjab public courtsDecember 22nd, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Dec 22 (IANS) More than 319,500 cases in the pre-litigative stage were settled during the two-day mega public courts (Lok Adalats) in Haryana, officials of the Haryana State Legal Services Authority (HSLSA) said here Monday.The Lok Adalats were held Saturday and Sunday in Haryana, Punjab and the union territory of Chandigarh at the instance of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
The HSLSA member secretary said 440,234 cases of different categories were taken up during the two-day event, of which 319,549 cases were settled.
The cases pertained to accident claims, bank and money suits, matrimonial cases, partition, succession, cheque dishonor cases, traffic challans and family disputes and petty criminal matters.
He said that 2,633 cases pertaining to motor accidents were settled during the public courts and an amount of over Rs.390 million was awarded as compensation.
- Delhi Lok Adalat disposes 7,900 pending cases - Mar 12, 2011
- 3,092 cases disposed off in Delhi Lok Adalat Sunday - Mar 18, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power theft convened in Delhi - Jan 14, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power cases Jan 14-15 - Jan 09, 2012
- 4,793 cases settled at Delhi Lok Adalat - Apr 14, 2012
- Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill cases - May 20, 2012
- Tripura Lok Adalats clear 640 revenue cases - Apr 22, 2012
- Thousands of cases disposed off in fast track courts - Dec 20, 2008
- Delhi Lok Adalats settle 67,047 cheque-bounce cases - Sep 13, 2012
- 4,021 cases settled at Lok Adalat in Delhi - May 13, 2012
- Italians pay Rs.1.7mn in damages, boat owner drops case - Apr 27, 2012
- Himachal to have 'holiday courts' for employees - Jul 01, 2011
- Pay up, Gurgaon police warns traffic offenders - Sep 07, 2012
- Criminal cases to be taken up in Lok Adalat - Mar 19, 2009
- Haryana bureaucrat arrested in corruption case - Feb 16, 2012