Over 3,000 criminals arrested in Uttar PradeshJuly 21st, 2008 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 21 (IANS) Over 3,000 criminals have been arrested across Uttar Pradesh as part of a special operation, police said Monday. “The operation started late Saturday and carried on till the early hours of Sunday,” police spokesperson Akhilesh Nigam told IANS.
He said raids were conducted at about 6,500 places to nab the criminals. The police arrested 1,535 wanted criminals and 1,653 criminals against whom non-bailable warrants were issued.
“The police also arrested 89 others who posed a threat to law and order,” Nigam said.
Huge caches of illegal weapons and stolen goods were recovered during the raids.
“Twenty stolen vehicles, fake currency, and over 50 animals being smuggled to slaughter houses were among the things recovered. Several country-made pistols, live cartridges, crude bombs and drugs were also found,” Nigam added.
- Three held with 500 cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 24, 2011
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Illegal arms factory unearthed, three held - Dec 14, 2010
- Two arrested with cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- 53,000 arrests made in Bengal ahead of polls - Apr 08, 2011
- Huge arms cache unearthed in Jammu's Reasi - Jul 20, 2012
- WB Police seize arms and ammunitions from CPI-M leaders - Feb 13, 2011
- One held in 17 cases - Mar 16, 2011
- Large cache of firearms seized in Pune - Aug 30, 2012
- Four held for running illegal firearms racket - Mar 18, 2011
- 39 held in Karachi for various crimes - Jul 21, 2012
- Four arrested on kidnapping charge - Sep 02, 2011
- Four held with cache of firearms - Feb 03, 2011
- Five people who planned to rob petrol pump held - Jan 23, 2011