Over 290 fined for dangerous driving in DelhiMay 17th, 2008 - 9:44 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) The Delhi Traffic Police Saturday conducted a special drive and fined 295 people for dangerous driving, a senior police official said. The police conducted random checks in various areas.
“Around 142 people have been penalised for drunken driving and 82 for jumping the red light,” Joint Commissioner of Police N.K. Srivastava told IANS.
While 84 motorists were fined at India Gate circle, 12 were fined at Tagore Garden in west Delhi and 39 at PVR Saket in south Delhi.
Two deputy commissioners of police are supervising the drive and a large number of policemen have been deployed.
“We have chosen new places to conduct the checks. Earlier where we conducted this drive, people are more cooperating,” he added.
- 777 people fined for drunk driving - Mar 08, 2012
- Metro collects over Rs.70,000 in fines from men in women's coaches - Feb 25, 2012
- 141 fined for drunken driving in Delhi - Aug 24, 2008
- Traffic violators must pay more: Delhi police chief - Jan 07, 2011
- Delhi Police warn against drunk driving on New Year's Eve - Dec 29, 2011
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- 8,000 fined for Holi traffic violations - Mar 21, 2011
- Holi claims seven lives on Delhi roads - Mar 09, 2012
- 12,900 drunk Delhi drivers fined in 2011 - Sep 24, 2011
- Delhi cop robbed of seized bike by traffic violator - Jun 14, 2012
- Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve traffic - Dec 30, 2010
- Drunken driving cases have dropped drastically: Delhi Police - Dec 07, 2011
- Delhi Police beefs up security ahead of New Year celebrations - Dec 31, 2010
- Deaths on Delhi roads down by 8 percent, say police - Jul 02, 2011
- 192 fined for post-final revelry - Apr 03, 2011