Over 25 injured in Orissa clashMarch 3rd, 2010 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 3 (IANS) More than 25 people were injured when two groups of villagers clashed Wednesday in Brahmagiri area of Orissa’s Puri district, police said.
The villagers hurled bombs and exchanged gunfire over their differences on collection of money during Holi, a police officer said.
The villagers of Rebana Nuagaon and Jagannathpur also burnt several houses during the clash.
“The clashes started between two villages over differences during Holi. We have rushed additional forces to the area. We have also made some arrests in this connection,” Superintendent of Police of Puri Sanjay Kumar told IANS.
“The injured have been rushed to nearby hospitals,” he said.
- Over 50 arrested after Orissa clash - Mar 04, 2010
- Orissa lawmaker held for criminal activities - Feb 08, 2011
- Boat with 42 people missing in Bay of Bengal - Oct 07, 2010
- Clashes over road construction at Posco site, one killed - Dec 14, 2011
- 42 Orissa villagers missing in Bay of Bengal rescued - Oct 07, 2010
- Maoists torch police post in Orissa - Feb 10, 2011
- Jagannath Temple rituals hit after priest hurt in clash - Oct 05, 2010
- Two killed in villagers-police clash in Orissa - Jul 15, 2011
- Orissa steps up combing after trooper killed in ambush (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Tension erupts in Orissa village after Holi clashes - Mar 03, 2010
- Man hurls shoe at judge in Odisha courtroom - Aug 09, 2012
- Maoists attack panchayat office in Bengal - Nov 19, 2010
- 20 injured in Orissa clash - Mar 17, 2011
- Eight injured in Trinamool-CPI-M clash - Jul 17, 2010
- Another explosion in Allahabad, five kids injured - Jun 07, 2012