Over 20 shops gutted in Uttar Pradesh fireJune 16th, 2010 - 11:04 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 16 (IANS) There was panic in a market area of Uttar Pradesh’s Azamgarh district early Wednesday when a major fire broke out in a commercial building, gutting over 20 shops. There were no casualties, police said.
The fire broke out in Das Complex of Gopal Katra area, about 300 km from Lucknow. The building houses shops of automotive lubricants.
“Fire-fighting officials have managed to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby buildings,” district police chief B.S. Srivastava told reporters.
As many as 15 fire tenders have been rushed to douse the fire that engulfed the ground and the first floor of the complex.
“The exact reason of the fire is yet to be ascertained, but it appears the incident took place because of an electric short-circuit in the complex,” he said.
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty - Nov 11, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 23, 2010
- Major fire in Lucknow building, none hurt (Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Major fire in Meerut market, no casualty - May 02, 2011
- Fire in wholesale grain market, no casualties - Mar 01, 2011
- Major fire in Lucknow building, no casualty - Dec 03, 2010
- Delhi showroom fire doused after 10 hours (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2010
- Six injured in fire - Aug 14, 2011