Over 15,000 RTI appeals pending with information commissionFebruary 24th, 2011 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) More than 15,000 appeals under the Right to Information Act (RTI) are pending with the Central Information Commission (CIC), Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V. Narayanasamy told parliament Thursday. Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Narayanasamy said the average monthly receipt and disposal of appeals by the CIC was 2,300 and 1,965, respectively, during January to December, 2010.
“About 15,476 appeals and complaints were pending in the commission as on Jan 31, 2011,” he said.
He said the CIC had launched a special drive to dispose of appeals and complaints which were pending for more than three months.
- CIC drive to dispose over three-month-old cases - Nov 25, 2010
- Officials fined Rs.44 lakh for denying information under RTI - Aug 11, 2011
- Hasten appointments in transparency panel: Court (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Government unveils bill for time-bound public services - Nov 02, 2011
- Panel planned for speedy disposal of CBI cases - May 16, 2012
- Now, RTI complaint hearings through video conferencing (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- 2,272 CBI cases pending in courts - Aug 18, 2011
- Now, RTI complaint hearings through video conferencing - Jul 28, 2011
- RTI requests pile up - Dec 14, 2011
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- Rent dues notice to Meira Kumar withdrawn - May 08, 2012
- Lokpal bill sent to Rajya Sabha select committee (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Transparency panel's order on Supreme Court cases stayed (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi transit system comes under RTI Act: High court - Jul 08, 2012
- Will strive to make RTI more effective, accessible: New CIC - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: cic, information commission, january to december, minister of state, ministry of personnel, New Delhi, parliament, pensions, public grievances, rajya sabha, receipt, right to information act, right to information act rti, three months