Over 1.3 mn students to appear for board exams SaturdayFebruary 29th, 2008 - 11:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 29 (IANS) Anxious parents and nervous children were making last-minute preparations Friday as over 1.3 million students are set to appear for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) examinations for both Classes 10 and 12 that begin Saturday. The Class 12 examinations start off with the chemistry paper, while Class 10 begins with Elementary Business.
Shivi Sharma, Class 12 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, said she was very nervous and stressed out before the exams.
“I am down with fever and severe headache for the past three-four days. I’m taking medicines but none of them is having any effect,” Shivi told IANS.
She said she was so stressed out that she was finding it difficult to remember days and dates. “Nowadays, I don’t remember the date and time and I’m continuously busy revising the whole syllabus.”
This year a total of 1.31 million students will sit for the board exams - 765,095 of Class 10 and 548,815 of Class 12.
Last year, 705,152 candidates appeared for Class 10 examinations both in India and abroad while 502,688 students took the Class 12 exams.
Class 10 students from 8,199 schools will take the examinations in 2,624 centres. Similarly, Class 12 students from 5,171 schools will write their papers across 2,394 centres both in India and abroad.
Speaking about managing stress and eating right, Jyoti Arora, head of the department of nutrients and dietics at Paras Hospitals, said parents should give due care to their wards’ food intake.
“Try to provide a diet which brings energy and keeps away lethargic mood.
“Mix carbohydrates with lot of fluids. Students should not eat in bulk and go for junk foods like burgers and creamy pastas,” she stressed.
This year the CBSE has redesigned the question paper for all major subjects like mathematics, science, English, and social sciences. The new design includes about 10 percent of very short sample questions and about 20 percent questions on High Order Thinking Skills (HOTS).
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 01, 2011
- Smooth sailing for students as CBSE board exams start - Mar 01, 2008
- CBSE's social science, fashion studies exams Monday - Mar 02, 2008
- CBSE board exams on; physics paper disappoints students (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- CBSE board students cope with last minute jitters - Feb 28, 2010
- CBSE exams start - Mar 01, 2012
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 03, 2010
- Thousands tackle physics, English in first board exams - Mar 03, 2010
- CBSE class 10 exams: students take first compulsory paper - Mar 05, 2010
- School board exams kick off (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Board exams: Lengthy english question paper puzzles students (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- CBSE starts counselling to reduce exam stress - Feb 01, 2010
- 1.6 mn students to sit for CBSE exams in 2010 - Feb 26, 2010
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Girl commits suicide after failing in board exams - May 27, 2011