Over 10,000 clear IIT entrance exam, Faridabad’s Nitin Jain tops (Lead)May 25th, 2009 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) As many as 10,035 candidates cleared the Joint Entrance Examination-2009 (JEE-2009) for admission to 15 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) with 17-year-old Nitin Jain from Faridabad topping the list, it was announced Monday.
The 10,035 candidates - 1,048 girls and 8,987 boys - have been declared successful to seek admission for 8,295 seats in the IITs at Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Mandi (Himachal Pradesh), Patna, Punjab, Rajasthan, Roorkee, IT-Banaras Hindu University and ISMU Dhanbad, said a statement released here by IIT-Delhi.
“I was expecting a positive result in IIT-JEE but never thought about securing the top rank. All the credit goes to my teachers and specially to my family that supported me a lot at every crucial step,” an elated Jain told IANS.
Jain, a student of Modern Vidya Niketan, Faridabad, cleared his class 12 exam with 95 percent marks this year.
Kritika Singh from IIT-Kanpur zone, with an All India ranking of 56, topped among girl candidates. Seven candidates, of the 176 who appeared for the JEE examination at the sole overseas centre in Dubai, also cleared the exam.
Under relaxed norms, 1,930 candidates from reserved category and 138 students with physical disabilities got through the entrance examination.
The counselling of successful candidates for allocation of seats will be held June 9-16. The course allocations will be declared June 24.
At least 384,977 students - 286,949 boys and 98,028 girls - appeared in JEE-2009 on April 12. The number was 24 percent higher than previous year.
- Over 10,000 clear IIT entrance test - May 25, 2009
- Faridabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- IIT-JEE results out, Faridabad boy tops - May 18, 2012
- The new IIT exam pattern (Factfile) - Jun 28, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- IIT-JEE topper aspires to be a civil servant (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Now, IIT-Kanpur seeks PM's intervention on common test - Jun 11, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test - Jun 22, 2012
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- IIT Delhi also revolts, to conduct own exam (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012