Over 1000 students protest at Miami UniversitySeptember 16th, 2008 - 4:45 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
At least 1000 student protesting at Miami University since Monday night for not canceling classes Tuesday even though many students are still without power.
According to Claire Wagner, spokeswoman of Miami University, about 1,000 students were protesting outside of the president’s home on High Street and the protest spilled onto the streets shortly, blocking traffic and prompting police to intervene.
Three Butler County campuses canceled Classes Monday but the Miami university decided to resumed classes because power was restored to residence halls and academic buildings through a back-up generator.
Number of students were arrested temporally last night due to they were very violating
“The administration is very disappointed….There are a lot of people losing homes and have damaged valuables and the people in Texas who are far worse off” said Claire Wagner.
Miami University , Oxford police and Butler County Sheriff’s deputies, shut down High Street, between Campus and Talawanda avenues, late Monday. Some of the students had dispersed but it was unclear how much longer the others would continue their protest.
- Bomb scare prompts US university evacuation - Sep 18, 2012
- Occupy Oakland protestors find a new camp for their campaign - Nov 23, 2011
- Students evacuated after bomb threat in California school - Sep 08, 2011
- California cops on leave after pepper-spraying sparks outrage - Nov 21, 2011
- Students plan protest during PM's Hyderabad University visit - Oct 18, 2010
- Cameron disappointed over Oxford University's decision to admit one black student in 2009 - Apr 12, 2011
- Sick Of It All Concert Relocates To House - Jul 28, 2010
- David Cameron in race row with Oxford University - Apr 12, 2011
- University Of Illinois' Classes Remains Suspended Owing To Chicago Blizzard - Feb 02, 2011
- Day one at DU: New students get a feel of campus - Jul 23, 2012
- Wave Tech Community College put on lockdown due to a gunman on the prowl - Jan 24, 2012
- Beef festival turns Osmania into battlefied, student stabbed - Apr 16, 2012
- Thousands protest pepper spray at California campus - Nov 22, 2011
- Oxford to take Indian school toppers - Mar 24, 2012
- U.S. police re-open investigation into 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood - Nov 18, 2011