Over 1,000 arrested in night-long drive against crimeAugust 3rd, 2008 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 3(IANS) The Uttar Pradesh police Sunday announced arrests of 1,347 people in a night-long drive against crime across the state. “The drive was conducted throughout the state to catch those involved in committing dacoities and thefts,” Additional Director General of Police (law and order) Brijlal told IANS.
In the drive Saturday night 1,347 people were arrested and criminal cases were lodged against 974 others, he added.
“The police also arrested many of them planning to commit thefts and some were caught red-handed while trying to trespass private properties,” Brijlal added.
- British police using 'ghost trains' to catch thieves - Nov 28, 2011
- Police nab criminal who fled custody - Jan 10, 2012
- 25 outlaws arrested in Karachi - Mar 18, 2012
- It pays to be a thief in Canada! - Oct 08, 2010
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Bangladeshi airman finds cash missing in Lucknow - Aug 29, 2012
- Gulberg society killing: Accused face additional charges - Mar 10, 2011
- Assaulted Russian woman fears for life - Mar 03, 2012
- CBI nabs Andhra official in illegal mining case - Nov 28, 2011
- Delhi crime spurt threat to people's safety: Court - Jun 10, 2012
- Police inspector jailed for raping minor - Oct 14, 2010
- Observation home caretaker among five held for auto-theft - Nov 08, 2011
- Ex-official sent to CBI custody in illegal mining case - Nov 14, 2011
- Court slams failure to weed out Bangladeshi migrants - Aug 10, 2012
- Gangster escapes from custody in Goa - Feb 23, 2011