Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi DesaiJuly 4th, 2012 - 1:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 4 (IANS) Prachi Desai is one of the few outsiders who have managed to make it big in filmdom. But the actress, who hopes to do 25 films in future, says it is not so easy for such people to get first break in Bollywood.
“I feel that the industry can be unfair sometimes. When you are an outsider, people don’t take you seriously. I personally think you need an extreme push for people to promote you and bring you to a certain level,” the 23-year-old told IANS.
The young actress, who started her career as the lead in TV show “Kasamh Se”, made her Bollywood debut opposite Farhan Akhtar in “Rock On!!”. She was then seen in “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai”, in which she was paired with Emraan Hashmi, and also was in the cast of recently released “Teri Meri Kahaani”.
Her next is Rohit Shetty’s “Bol Bachchan”. Coming out Friday, the comedy will see her playing Ajay Devgn’s sister who is an educated and modern girl. The film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Asin Thottumkal in major roles.
Prachi says it is important for an actor to be ambitious.
“Every actor has to be ambitious, otherwise you can’t survive in the industry. Every small little thing can completely bog you down. I am ambitious, but I am not over-ambitious. I know things that I can do and things that I can’t. I am hoping for this year to be a great year,” she said.
As far as future projects are concerned, Prachi has teamed up with John Abraham in debutant director Kapil Sharma’s “I Me Aur Mein”.
When asked where she sees herself five years from now, she said: “Five years down the line, I hope that I do at least 25 films. I would love to work with Farhan as a director. He is also one of my favourite directors because of ‘Dil Chahta Hai’. I want to work with Rohit Shetty again. I am hoping to do a film with Ajay (Devgn) because I haven’t been paired with him.”
- Prachi wants to be paired with Devgn on screen - Jun 26, 2012
- I have a lot to learn: Abhishek Bachchan - Jun 27, 2012
- Rohit Shetty feels the 100-crore pressure - Jul 25, 2012
- Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main' - Jun 24, 2012
- For Abhishek, 'Bol Bachchan' is about great memories - May 31, 2012
- Critics are my lucky charm: Director Rohit Shetty (Interview) - Jul 04, 2012
- Bollywood ga-ga over Abhishek's comedy in 'Bol Bachchan' - Jul 06, 2012
- All set for makeover: Prachi Desai - Aug 25, 2011
- Waited long to play my age on screen: Prachi Desai - Apr 11, 2012
- Unfortunate that Emraan's kisses still make news: Prachi Desai - Jul 14, 2010
- Working with Big B like working with god: Rohit Shetty - Jun 11, 2012
- No 'Golmaal' for now: Rohit Shetty - Jun 25, 2012
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Madhuri in disguise at Taj (Movie Snippet) (With Image) - Jul 08, 2012
- Rohit Shetty ropes in Archana, VIP for 'Bol Bachchan' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, asin thottumkal, bol, debut, emraan hashmi, filmdom, first break, john abraham, july 4, kapil sharma, kasamh se, meri, modern girl, mumbai, outsider, outsiders, prachi desai, rohit shetty, tv show, young actress