‘Other bills should not conflict with whistle-blower’s bill’August 10th, 2011 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) The Parliamentary Standing Committee on law and justice has said that the “government should exercise great care that there is no conflict” between the whistle-blower’s bill and other legislations like the Lokpal bill and the judicial standards and accountability bill.
In a report tabled in both houses of parliament Wednesday, the committee said that it “desires that the government should exercise great care to ensure a holistic approach and the implementation between these legislations takes place in a harmonious manner”.
“In any case, the other bills should not militate against this bill,” the committee, headed by Jayanthi Natarajan, now minister of environment and forest, said in the report.
The committee, which said it “broadly welcomes the bill and endorses its provisions”, suggested that the “title of the bill may be worded better reflecting the real spirit of whistle-blowing”.
The title at present is “The Public Interest Disclosure and Protection to Persons Making the Disclosures Bill, 2010″.
- Activists' imprint on whistle-blower protection act? - Aug 11, 2011
- Government didn't agree to life term for corruption: Kejriwal - Jun 23, 2011
- Whistle-blowers bill passed by Lok Sabha - Dec 28, 2011
- Team Anna to stage fast seeking justice for slain officer - Mar 12, 2012
- Rajya Sabha members want stronger measures against graft - Aug 25, 2011
- Lok Sabha takes up judicial accountability bill - Dec 28, 2011
- Bansal appeals to Lok Sabha to pass Lokpal bill - Dec 26, 2011
- Text of PM's statement in parliament - Dec 27, 2011
- Anna threatens of a bigger Lokpal movement - Mar 23, 2012
- Anna threatens a bigger Lokpal movement (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Anna breaks one-day token fast - Mar 25, 2012
- 'PM, Group C employees may be brought under Lokpal ambit' - Dec 12, 2011
- Government doesn't protect whistleblowers: Activists - Sep 19, 2012
- Anna Hazare postpones fast to March 25 - Mar 14, 2012
- Whistleblowers bill likely to come in Rajya Sabha Tuesday - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: accountability bill, disclosure, disclosures, harmonious manner, holistic approach, houses of parliament, implementation, jayanthi, judicial standards, law and justice, legislations, minister of environment, natarajan, New Delhi, parliament, parliamentary standing committee, provisions, public interest, spirit, whistle blower