Osama raid Obama’s election propaganda: AhmadinejadMay 15th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, May 15 (IANS) The US killed Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden as part of Barack Obama’s “propaganda” to secure victory in the next presidential election, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Sunday.
“The US killed bin Laden not to fight terrorism and not to eradicate groups it claims as terrorist but as its election propaganda to win people’s votes in the election,” Ahmadinejad was quoted by state-run Press TV as saying at the International Conference on Global Alliance against Terrorism for a Just Peace.
Ahmadinejad said he has “precise information” that Osama was being held by the US military for a long time before his death, according to IRNA.
“Former US president (George W. Bush) attacked our region to save the country’s economy and win the votes. He killed one million people and his successor (Obama) pursues the same strategy,” he said.
Osama was killed by US special forces May 2 in Pakistan’s Abbottabad city.
- Bush declines Obama's invitation to go to Ground Zero - May 04, 2011
- Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence minister - May 10, 2011
- Pakistan PM, army chief meet president - Jun 09, 2011
- Pakistanis shocked over Osama death, angry at US - May 02, 2011
- Osama killed in Pakistan, justice done: Obama (Fourth Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Obama, others' went through 'anxiety-filled periods' watching Osama getting killed - May 03, 2011
- Osama's death a milestone for anti-terror effort: China - May 03, 2011
- No more excuse for Western invasion in Middle East: Iran - May 03, 2011
- 'Bin Laden death won't stop war': Ex Guantanamo Bay detainee Habib - May 02, 2011
- Osama resisted assault, was shot in the head - May 02, 2011
- Killing of Osama bin Laden has rehabilitated reputation of US Government, officials - May 04, 2011
- Obama has `robust agenda' for India-US trade - May 13, 2011
- Al Qaeda confirms Osama's death - May 06, 2011
- Osama's body buried at sea - May 02, 2011
- Countdown to Osama's end - May 02, 2011
Tags: abbottabad, al qaeda, barack obama, george w bush, global alliance, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, long time, mahmoud ahmadinejad, next presidential election, one million, osama bin laden, pakistan, president george w bush, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, propaganda, special forces, tehran, us president george, victory