‘Orkuka Vallapozhum’ among my best films: ThilakanJanuary 18th, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Jan 18 (IANS) Septuagenarian Malayali actor Thilakan is elated with his performance in his latest release “Orkuka Vallapozhum”, which he called among one of the very few roles that he had “really enjoyed”.”I have been in the Malayalam film industry since 1973 and I have done several roles and the role of Sethumadavan in this film would rate among one of the very few roles that I have really enjoyed,” said 72-year-old Thilakan while talking to mediapersons here Sunday.
“This may not be an out and out commercial film, but this is a film which will certainly stand out,” Thilakan said.
Directed by debutant Sohanlal, “Orkuka Vallapozhum” tells the story of 75-year-old Sethumadavan. The story is told in three parts as Sethumadavan traces his childhood, youth and old age.
“The first spark for this film came from the poem by P. Bhaskaran and then it became easy to take the film forward. It was completed at a cost of Rs.5 million and even before the release of the film, the producer was able to recover the cost through various new concepts of marketing,” Sohanlal said.
Besides Thilakan, the film has several new faces and 15-year-old Shilpa, a Malayali student residing in Dubai, plays a crucial role in the film.
“This is one film where importance has been given to visuals and not to dialogues. In the film I have just a dozen dialogues and this is where an actor is tested,” Thilakan said.
The film also marks the arrival of two young singers - Rajalekshmi and Anand.
“I am really grateful to music director Jayachandran who was willing to try out new singers and that is how I got an opportunity to sing in this film,” Rajalekshmi said.
- As Kerala celebrates Onam, actor Thilakan battles for life - Aug 28, 2012
- More than awards, Ranbir wants lot of people to see 'Barfi!' - Sep 13, 2012
- Kerala to foot ailing actor Thilakan's medical bills - Aug 26, 2012
- Mamata and movie hall magic - after 20 years! - Sep 30, 2011
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
- Thilakan returns to commercial Malayalam films - Jun 08, 2011
- Length of a role doesn't matter to Naseer - Jun 19, 2012
- Thilakan to don grease paint in 'Achen' - May 24, 2010
- Crorepati game show emotionally draining for me: Suresh Gopi - May 11, 2012
- Anurag converted short film into 'Aiyyaa' - Sep 07, 2012
- Ban on Thilakan unfortunate: Suresh Gopi - Aug 08, 2010
- Thilakan To Play Freedom Fighter In Vinayan's Next - Aug 10, 2010
- Farrell found 'Total Recall' preparation boring - Sep 09, 2012
- Biel, Farrell bonded over poetry - Sep 06, 2012
- 'The Desire' my last for now: Shilpa Shetty (Interview) - Sep 14, 2011