Orissa warns fishermen of rough sea conditionsOctober 26th, 2008 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Oct 26 (IANS) The Meteorological Department Sunday issued a warning of stormy conditions along the Orissa coastline and asked fishermen not to venture out to sea.”A depression formed Saturday has intensified into a deep depression over west central Bay of Bengal,” an official of the Bhubaneswar Meteorological Office told IANS.
“Strong and gusty surface winds from north easterly direction with speed reaching 55-65 km per hour are likely to prevail along and off the north and south Orissa coast,” he said.
Besides, heavy rain has also been forecast for a few places along the north coastal Orissa.
“We have alerted fishermen not to venture out to sea as the condition will remain very rough during next 24 hours,” he said.
All ports in Orissa will also hoist cautionary signals, he said.
- Deep depression crosses West Bengal coast (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Depression over Bay of Bengal, fishermen alerted - Oct 19, 2011
- Orissa fishermen warned against going into rough sea - Aug 29, 2011
- Orissa warns fishermen against going to sea - Jun 15, 2011
- Odisha fishermen warned against going into sea - Aug 18, 2012
- Storm warning hoisted at Orissa ports - Sep 22, 2011
- Storm may hit Orissa ports alerted - Jun 15, 2011
- Cyclone weakens, heavy rains likely in Orissa - Nov 08, 2010
- Andhra escapes rain fury as depression moves to Orissa - Oct 08, 2010
- Fishermen alerted in Orissa over rough sea condition - Aug 25, 2009
- Cyclone Thane to cross Tamil Nadu coast Friday morning - Dec 29, 2011
- Rains claim 16 lives, damage crops in Andhra - Dec 08, 2010
- Cyclone threat along Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu coasts - Dec 27, 2011
- Orissa fishermen alerted over cyclone Laila - May 19, 2010
- Orissa sounds cyclone alert - May 25, 2009