Orissa sculptor wins award in South KoreaMay 29th, 2009 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 29 (IANS) Orissa’s Sudarsan Patnaik Friday won an award in South Korea for his sand sculpture on the threat of nuclear war.
“I created a 15-feet high sand sculpture ‘Stop Nuclear War’ in 4th Haeundae Sand Festival at Busan,” Patnaik told IANS over phone from South Korea.
The image shows a huge sandman raising his two hands saying “Stop Nuclear War”, Patnaik said.
Patnaik hails from Orissa’s Puri, 56 km from here. He has participated in over 35 international sand sculpture championships and has won several awards.
He is the first Indian to win a world championship held in Berlin last year for his sculpture on global warming.
The special edition of the Limca Book of Records published in 2007 - “India Extraordinaire: 60 years, 60 luminaries” - described him as one of the people who have made India proud with their accomplishments.
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Sand sculpture of Santa Claus spreads 'Go Green' message in Puri - Dec 25, 2010
- Indian sand artist selected for Moscow championship - Apr 15, 2011
- Sudarsan Pattnaik's sand sculpture on global warming wins Berlin contest (With Image) - Aug 01, 2010
- 125-ft-long sand cricket bat to usher World Cup (With Image) - Feb 12, 2011
- Orissa sculptor wins prize in Moscow - May 16, 2011
- Sudarsan aims new record with sand Santa on Christmas eve - Dec 24, 2010
- Sand artist creates image on earth quake - Sep 20, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sand image of goddess Durga to highlight global warming (With Images) - Sep 23, 2009
- Sandy tribute to Japan tsunami victims (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sudarsan wins people's choice prize in Canada (With Images) - Sep 08, 2010
- Sand artist Sudarsan wins Berlin contest, creates record - Jul 15, 2008
- Huge sand cake for birthday boy Sachin (With Image) - Apr 23, 2011