Orissa rural management students beat downturnJanuary 30th, 2009 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 30 (IANS) Despite a virtual freeze on recruitment across industries, the city-based Xavier Institute of Management has achieved 100 percent placement of its rural management students with some top corporates like the Tatas, Monsanto and Deloitte handing them appointment letters.All the 59 students of the post-graduate diploma in rural management have been placed in various organisations even before the course ends in the middle of March, said Niraj Kumar, a member of the institute’s placement committee.
“We had executives from Deloitte, Monsanto, Tata Teleservices, Shriram Group, Mother Dairy, Amul, IMRB (Indian Market Research Bureau) for on-campus recruitment. They all went back recruiting rural managers trained by us,” he said.
Xavier Institute, one of India’s premier management institutes, also remained a favourite hunting ground for micro-finance and development organisations, he said. More than 30 organisations participated in the campus recruitment process.
The highest salary offered was Rs.800,000 per annum, while the average salary was Rs.446,000 per annum.
“It is some sort of a record. When most of the management institutions dealing with sectoral management education are struggling because of unfavourable market conditions, we have been able to get placement for all our students,” said Kumar, who has been handling placement of rural management for the past four years.
“We have also been able to widen our base by reaching to research-based organisations like IMRB and consultancies like Deloitte,” he added.
- More offers with dream salaries for IIM-Calcutta - Sep 28, 2010
- Placements at Delhi's newest tech university cross last year's mark - Mar 21, 2011
- Bihar hires young professionals to help implement livelihood project - May 03, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- Finance companies dominate IIM-C placements - Apr 10, 2012
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- Orissa institute scripts placement record - Sep 20, 2011
- Financial sector key recruiter at IIM-Kozhikode - Mar 15, 2010
- Finance dominates IIM-Calcutta placements - Mar 10, 2011
- With 100 percent placement, cheer at youngest IIM - Mar 31, 2010
- IIM-A placement process going great guns - Feb 21, 2010
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade targets Middle East - Oct 31, 2010
- IGNOU students can access study material online - Jul 02, 2011
- 110 firms in IIM-Ahmedabad placement mela - Mar 12, 2010