Orissa police file charge sheet in judo coach murder caseAugust 18th, 2008 - 12:58 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Aug 18 (IANS) Police have filed a charge sheet against two men for allegedly murdering judo coach Biranchi Das here on April 13, an official said Monday. The charge sheet has been filed in the court of the sub-divisional judicial magistrate Sunday against Raja Acharya and Akhya Behera, inspector in charge of city’s Badagada police station P.K. Patnaik told IANS.
Biranchi Das, the former coach of marathon runner Budhia Singh, was shot dead outside a judo centre here.
Raja, who faces over 30 cases of extortion, murder and kidnapping, had surrendered before police in Goa in May. Behera surrendered in Bhopal April 22.
Police say Raja was harassing a local film actress Leslie Tripathi to marry him. Das, who was known to Leslie, was mediating in the matter, which Raja didn’t like.
- Two convicted in Orissa for judo coach's murder - Dec 13, 2010
- Two convicted for murdering judo coach (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Trial opens in murder of marathon kid's coach - Sep 01, 2009
- Main suspect in Biranchi Das murder arrested in Goa (Lead) - May 05, 2008
- Mother demands probe into funds raised for Budhia - May 06, 2008
- Main suspect in Biranchi Das murder arrested in Goa - May 05, 2008
- Police quizzes top Orissa bureaucrat in coach murder - May 30, 2008
- Police protection to Orissa officials, artists - Apr 22, 2008
- Biranchi murderer brought to Bhubaneshwar - May 07, 2008
- Orissa transfers top cop over alleged links with gangster - May 07, 2008
- Police question top Orissa bureaucrat in coach's murder - Apr 28, 2008
- Cell phones recovered from Orissa jail - May 27, 2008
- Murderer of Budhia ex-coach arrested in Goa - May 05, 2008
- Orissa ombudsman to probe gangster-officials nexus - Apr 18, 2008
- Police fail to nab killers of Budhia's former coach - Apr 17, 2008