Orissa mob lynches murder suspectApril 7th, 2008 - 2:17 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, April 7 (IANS) A mob beat a man to death in Orissa’s Keonjhar district hours after he allegedly killed a man over a personal dispute, the police said Monday. Sameer Dighe, who had many criminal charges against him, shot dead labour contractor Pradhan Devgon at Mandira village under Barbil police station Sunday evening, District Superintendent of Police Yatindra Koyel told IANS.
Then local residents and Devgon’s supporters caught Dighe while he was trying to escape and beat him to death, Koyel said.
Mandira is around 300 km from the state capital here.
Dighe was earlier arrested by Orissa police in connection with another case, but released on bail March 20. Dighe, 40, hails from neighbouring Jharkhand.
Pradhan is also said to have a criminal background and the two had a personal dispute, the official said.
- 340 held for illegal mining in Orissa since January - Dec 12, 2010
- Three criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2012
- Hotel fire kills three in Odisha - Aug 04, 2012
- Huge cash, jewellery haul from criminal - Mar 06, 2010
- Eight trucks of illegal iron ore seized in Orissa - Feb 05, 2010
- Three Orissa cops suspended for custodial death - Apr 06, 2010
- Four more arrested for smuggling ore - Mar 25, 2010
- Five men posing as Maoists held for extortion - Dec 27, 2010
- Convicted BJP legislator gets bail in Kandhamal murder - Mar 18, 2011
- Man poisons family, attempts suicide in Orissa - Apr 15, 2011
- Two more Orissa railway sidings shut over illegal mining - Mar 12, 2010
- BJP legislator surrenders after apex court rejects bail - Mar 09, 2011
- National Security Act slapped on Orissa criminal - Mar 10, 2010
- Maoists blow up police post in Orissa - Dec 03, 2010
- Graham Staines killing: A timeline - Jan 21, 2011