Orissa judge accused of misbehaving with woman in trainNovember 7th, 2008 - 11:27 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 7 (IANS) Orissa police have registered a case against a judge for allegedly misbehaving with a woman in a train, an official said Friday. Santanu Rajguru, a chief judicial magistrate posted in Nabrangpur town, allegedly misbehaved with Jhum Mohanty, a resident of Damanjodi in Koraput district, while they were travelling to Bhubaneswar in the Hirakhanda Express Thursday.
Bansidhara Rout, in-charge of Bhubaneswar railway police station, said that Mohanty filed a complaint accusing Rajguru of having harassed her by passing lewd comments and looking at her in an insulting manner after the train crossed Rayagada station.
“We have registered a case against Rajguru under sections 509 (making insulting gestures) and 323 (causing hurt with full knowledge and intention) of the Indian Penal Code,” he said.
“We have transferred the case to the Rayagada police station as the incident took place within their jurisdiction,” Rout added.
Rajguru has denied all the charges made by Mohanty, the wife of a National Aluminium Company Ltd (Nalco) official.
- FIR against Orissa judge for allegedly misbehaving with a woman in train - Nov 07, 2008
- Seven trains cancelled in Jharkhand, Bhubaneswar following Maoist shutdown - Jul 07, 2010
- Grid failure hits NALCO power units in Odisha - Aug 01, 2012
- NALCO to set up hospital in Odisha - Jul 05, 2012
- Maoists kill four - Jul 07, 2011
- Maoist shutdown against Posco land acquisition - Jun 30, 2011
- NALCO signs agreement with mines ministry - Mar 16, 2011
- Nalco to miss alumina production target - Feb 23, 2011
- Maoists observe 'martyrs week' in Odisha - Jul 28, 2012
- Minor resists marriage, gets father arrested in Odisha - Jul 26, 2012
- Student slaps, threatens teacher on Teacher's Day - Sep 06, 2011
- Minor girl in Odisha protests against forced marriage - Jul 24, 2012
- NALCO to expand capacity at Orissa unit - Apr 25, 2011
- Two top Maoist cadres, including woman, arrested - Nov 10, 2010
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011