Orissa artist returns home after winning prize in Moscow (With Image)May 9th, 2009 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, May 9 (IANS) Sudarsan Patnaik, who won a special prize in Moscow for a sand sculpture of the Taj Mahal, was greeted by hundreds on his return Saturday to his Puri hometown in Orissa.
“The 15-foot high Taj Mahal created by me at the Kolomenskoe Museum Reserve in Moscow won a special prize,” Patnaik told IANS by phone from Puri, 56 km from here.
“There were 10 participants from around the world in the World Sand Sculpture Championship Moscow, 2009 held from 30 April-May 7.”
Hundreds of people greeted the artist when he returned home.
“I am really happy about the love and affection showed to me by the people,” Patnaik said.
Patnaik has won several awards in India and abroad for his creations. He has created sand images of Taj Mahal 39 times including the latest one in Moscow.
- Sand artist wins gold in Moscow for Raj Kapoor sculpture - May 06, 2010
- Huge sand cake for birthday boy Sachin (With Image) - Apr 23, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- A huge sand cake for Sachin! - Apr 22, 2011
- 125-ft-long sand cricket bat to usher World Cup (With Image) - Feb 12, 2011
- Sand artist Pattnaik conferred honorary doctorate - May 02, 2012
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Sand image on Orissa beach to congratulate Obama (With Images) - Oct 10, 2009
- Sandy tribute to Japan tsunami victims (With Images) - Mar 12, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Orissa sculptor wins prize in Moscow - May 16, 2011
- Indian artist to create climate change sculpture in Japan - Jan 22, 2012
- Sand artist pays tribute to Dev Anand - Dec 05, 2011
- Mubarak's sand sculpture created in Orissa (With Image) - Feb 05, 2011
- Sudarsan Pattnaik's sand sculpture on global warming wins Berlin contest (With Image) - Aug 01, 2010