Order reserved on plea seeking curb on ‘illegal charges’ by car dealersMarch 21st, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday reserved its order on a plea seeking a curb on the illegal charges, including logistic charges, loading and unloading charges, levied by car dealers on buyers.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw reserved the order after conclusion of arguments from both the sides.
The plea filed by C. Rajaram sought a direction to 69 car dealers in the city to refund the money illegally collected from vehicle buyers in the name of logistics, stocking, loading and unloading charges.
The petition submitted: “Car dealers having registration powers, unscrupulously started levying and collecting service charges, logistic charges/loading and unloading charges, stocking charges etc from their customers or intending buyers.”
“Such illegal charges” vary between Rs.3,500 and Rs.25,000 per vehicle depending on manufacturer and the cost of the vehicle and a sum of more than Rs.550 crore has been collected by the car dealers since 1999, the petition further added.
“The Motor Licensing Officers of Transport Department, Government of NCT of Delhi, knew very well that the authorised dealers are indulging in unscrupulous activities, but the officers of the department, who are supposed to be custodian and monitoring authority, interface between the general public and the authorised dealers, deliberately ignored to take any corrective measures.”
- 'Delhi government can take action against car dealers' - Apr 20, 2012
- Court seeks reply from car dealers on 'illegal charges' (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Court seeks reply from car dealers on 'illegal charges' - Jan 04, 2012
- Transport officials told to appear in court Jan 4 - Dec 21, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi government on bus corridor - Aug 01, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Delhi High Court stays court fee hike - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea against regularising illegal colonies - Sep 12, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Court acts on Microsoft plea on software piracy - Jun 16, 2012
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- Kalmadi's plea to attend parliament dismissed (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Judges recuse from hearing Jamia students' union case - Dec 21, 2011
- Bus corridor case sent to new high court bench - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: authorised dealers, car dealers, chief justice, corrective measures, crore, custodian, delhi high court, division bench, government of nct of delhi, logistics, march 21, nct of delhi, New Delhi, petition, plea, rajaram, rajiv, sahai, service charges, transport department