Opposition leader in Madhya Pradesh returns official carMarch 6th, 2009 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 5 (IANS) Jamuna Devi, the leader of opposition in Madhya Pradesh, Thursday returned her official car to the government in protest against not getting official staff for discharging her duties.
“It is my gift to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on his birthday,” Jamuna Devi told reporters.
“I have been demanding for two months that the staff posted at my office in my last term should be re-appointed, as the assembly session is to be conducted from March 16 to get the mandate on vote-on-account for four months.”
In a letter written to assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani, Jamuna Devi has alleged that the head of the state’s public relation department did not even reply to her request.
“If this was their response to the leader of opposition, what would happen to the common man?” she asked.
- Digvijay accuses Madhya Pradesh chief minister of land grab - Mar 28, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh assembly adjourned after tributes to leaders - Nov 16, 2009
- Congress denies indecent remarks against BJP lawmakers - May 13, 2010
- Rohani re-elected Madhya Pradesh assembly speaker - Jan 07, 2009
- Congress alleges lapse by officials in Madhya Pradesh house - Feb 22, 2012
- Congress questions Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta's appointment - Dec 07, 2011
- CBI to probe killing of Madhya Pradesh cop, Congress calls bandh (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh assembly session commences - Jan 05, 2009
- Congress to counter Chouhan's protest - Jan 30, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh bypoll turns prestige issue for Congress, BJP - Jun 24, 2011
- Chouhan confident of BJP win in by-polls - Feb 08, 2011
- Tainted IAS officer among 'proud women of Madhya Pradesh' - Nov 02, 2011
- Meira Kumar to inaugurate MLAs orientation programme in Bhopal - Jul 04, 2009
- Chouhan wants Congress MLAs to attend special assembly session - May 10, 2010
- Congress legislator arrested in Ujjain for morphing picture - Feb 04, 2012